Our volunteers are the life-blood of our organization. Without their dedication and commitment we cannot offer the programs that benefit our participants in so many ways, or keep our equine partners happy in their work. We LOVE our volunteers!
Volunteering with EAAT programs like HHH is much more than a regular donation of time, talents and energy to help support the people we serve. Our volunteers develop lasting bonds and friendships with both Equine and Human participants.
To witness the healing power of horses with our students is a magical experience.
We need volunteers to help in the barn, facility and grounds, with grooming and tacking, side-walking and leading as well as with fundraising and administrative tasks. Training is required and provided for free.
Our commitment to you:
– You’ll have a fun, rewarding experience in a positive and supportive environment
– You’ll be treated as a co-worker, not just free help
– You’ll be given an assignment suitable to your temperament, skills, education, and personal preference
– You’ll develop new skills and knowledge about working with people and horses
– You’ll build your Resume and foster valuable School and Work References
Your commitment to us:
– Demonstrate commitment and reliability
– Be willing to learn and work hard as a team member
– Use effective communication techniques
– Adhere to policies and procedures
– Be kind, cheerful, and respectful of others
To start volunteering with Horses Healing Humans, please follow these 3 easy steps:
3. Schedule your Interview. Bring your completed release forms.
*Volunteers over 18 will be required to pay ($16.50) for their Background Check, which must be completed before continuing.*
After your Interview, we will schedule Orientation and Training.
Our full Volunteer Manual is available to download here.
For more information on volunteer opportunities or training, please contact Kristin LeClair
Call or Text: 860-629-0442 E-mail: email@example.com
Current Volunteer Roles
-Facility Assistant: Help with daily maintenance, repairs, and improvements of farm, facility and trails. May include feeding and other equine care. (shifts available Tues-Sat 8am-6pm)
-Horse Handler: Facilitate lesson programs by working directly with horses, instructor, participants and/or other volunteers, to maintain safety and positive interactions throughout. (shifts available Tues-Fri afternoons/evenings, Sat morning/afternoon)
-Client Coach: Facilitate lesson programs by working directly with participants, instructor, horses and/or other volunteers, to maintain safety and positive interactions throughout. (shifts available Mon-Fri afternoons/evenings, Sat morning/afternoon)
-Office Assistant: Help with daily maintenance and organization of administrative offices. (shifts available Mon-Sat mornings/afternoons)
-Media/Marketing: Help with public relations, advertising, design and distribution of information. (ongoing/ as needed)
-Fundraising/Events: Help with donation and grant processing, fundraising and planning special projects/events on- and off-site. Additional assistance needed day of events! (ongoing/ as needed)