Our volunteers are the life-blood of our organization. Without their dedication and commitment we cannot offer the programs that benefit our participants in so many ways, or keep our equine partners happy in their work. We LOVE our volunteers!
Volunteering with EAAT programs like HHH is much more than a regular donation of time, talents and energy to help support the people we serve. Our volunteers develop lasting bonds and friendships with both Equine and Human participants. To witness the healing power of horses with our students is a magical experience. The volunteers who give so much of themselves receive back so much more in return! We need volunteers to help in the barn, facility and grounds, with grooming and tacking, side-walking and leading as well as with fundraising and administrative tasks. Training is required and provided for free.
To start volunteering with Horses Healing Humans, please follow these 3 easy steps:
1. Fill out the e-form HERE with your basic information.
2. Print and sign the required Release Form.
(Volunteers under 18 will need this signed by a parent or guardian)
3. Attend an Orientation (and bring your signed Release).
Our current Volunteer Manual is available to download here.
Current Volunteer Needs:
AM and PM feeding and stall cleaning
In-Lesson support for Clients and Horses
Marketing, Advertising, Fundraising, Grant Writing
Our commitment to you:
- You will enjoy a fun and rewarding experience in a positive and supportive environment
- You will develop new skills and knowledge about working with people and horses
- You will build your Resume, and foster valuable School and work references
- The smiles, the progress, the achievements of our students are the rewards we reap!
Your commitment to us:
- Demonstrate commitment and reliability
- Minimum 2 hours per week (the same 2 hour time block each week, preferably)
- Use effective communication techniques
- Adhere to policies and procedures
- Be kind, cheerful, and respectful of others
For more information on volunteer opportunities or training, please contact Kristin LeClair
Call or Text: 860-629-0442 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org